Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lighten up

"I pray you . . . your play needs no excuse."
                                                    -  William Shakespeare

This was intended to post on April first, but of course 
things got away from me and its 12:40. April second was 40 minutes ago. Which ties in nicely with my thoughts of lightening up and not being hard on myself.

For centuries All Fools Day has been associated
with high spirits and merriment. Spontaneous fun.
Lighthearted people know how to play, dress up,
and color outside the lines. You know someone
like that. Call them and meet for lunch, and maybe
some shopping. And ice cream with sprinkles.

Another way to lighten up is to lighten up your
wardrobe. Stop groaning. This is not cleaning out
the closet. That's for next month when you get the spring cleaning bug.

Get a box or bin, take everything you know doesn't fit and put it into the box. If you can't give it to charity now, store it somewhere and give it to charity next year. If you think, for some strange reason, that something you love fits now that didn't fit before, you are allowed to try it on, then store it in the box.

Take out everything you hate and put in in the box. Add items that are worn out and out of style. Don't forget those pajamas you painted the living room ceiling in. And those awful shoes you saved for gardening. Get some lime green clogs you can wash off with the hose.

You should have left only clothing you like, that fits. Don't you feel lighter?? And it didn't take that long. Now go have that ice cream cone.

Have a happy day, Love, Linda


1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & entering my giveaway ~ I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) Thank you too for purchasing one of my pillows; I've got it all packaged up and will be going out in todays mail :) Looking forward to visiting with you again :)

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete