Thursday, January 19, 2012

Contemporary Embroidery Class

Karen Ruane from Comtemporary Embroidery has offered on online course!!! You can find the link here!!
I am making a white on white cloth - here is a photo of the layout of the first block. I'm using several different types of cloth - but all in white.
It's tacked together and I've added a piece of vintage lace at the top right.
 Next, I'm learning a new stitch!
I did the edges. Next I started with French Knots . . .
and got carried away!
More to follow, Love, Linda

11 comments:

  1. you have made such a beautiful start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that is a lot like my crazy quilting - love it cant wait to see more!!
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a beautiful job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I love the white on white! I have not embroidered since in Girl Scout's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - I know why you got carried away - I love these french knots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are something else! I'm speechless! Your work is amazing. Reminds me of my mom's. Perfect stitches every single time. I'm jealous!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful ~ I do not think you got too carried away with the french knots - they are lovely. Best, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is Simply spectacular and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.
    MLB New York Yankees 15 in Neon Clock

    ReplyDelete