Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Day in Paradise

"How to be happy when you are miserable. Plant Japanese poppies with cornflowers and mignonette, and bed out the petunias among the sweet peas so that they shall scent each other. Drink very good tea out of a thin Worcester cup of a colour between apricot and pink."
                                                           - Rumer  Godden


I don't know what half of those flowers are; I suspect they grow in England. I am familiar with petunias though. I really think that what this quote means is when all the big stuff is going wrong, find some small, exquisite thing to find joy and comfort in. In this spring season, it can mean growing something.


Basil. Grown from seed, it's inexpensive - not a disaster if it doesn't work out.
Remember the potatoes?? Here they go!
I filled up the pot a little more. Maybe the potatoes are growing under there!
A few annuals in pots. Use sunny colors to brighten your day.
For a small expenditure, you can have the joy of new life beginning.
Then drink some tea from your best china cup.
Or a glass of wine.
Keep looking up. Love, Linda

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your visit! I'm happy to have discovered your blog. I'm actually drinking a cup of tea right now from my favorite china cup. It always seems to taste the best when I drink it from this cup! I'm experimenting with planting dill from seed this year. It seems to go to seed so quickly, I thought I'd spread out the seeds during the growing season. Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete