Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Bling Pouch is finished!

Seems like I have been working on this for years, but it is finally finished!
Here is the front - it's a pouch to store things in.
I'm going to keep fabric inside.
Or maybe unfinished lace embroidery.
Here's the back. It has three decorative tabs to slip your hand
underneath. I also did some lazy daisies on top of
the patterned fabric. The whole thing is white, ecru, tan, and beige,
with touches of gold.
A close-up of a "pile of squares" with a couple of prairie points
sticking out, buttonhole stitch around the edges,
and embellished with beads.
Getting damp stretched.
I added some tiny gimp, couched down and embellished
with pearls.
Another pile of squares on the back. On the right you can see
a "bumpy bit" encircled with French knots in 2 colors.

I used seed beads, as well as pearls and some larger ones.
A strip of vintage embroidery on net and a row of prairie points.
I took this class from Karen Ruane at Contemporary Embroidery
You can find her here
I also added pearls along one edge.
Now onto the next project!!
Love, Linda


3 comments:

  1. Just loved getting to see all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Linda, this is such a sweet work of art, so delicate, feminine and truly a hand made treasure. The soft neutral colors the tiny details the amazing workmanship, I just LoVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can see why this took so long, it is stunning, a real labour of love xx

    ReplyDelete