Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nurses' Hands

A nurse is an angel on roller skates.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work -
It means to be in the midst of these things
and still be calm in your heart.
The work of an individual still remains
the spark that moves mankind forward.
-Igor Sikorsky
What lies behind us and what lies before us
are small matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
You can laugh - or cry - or both.
There is nothing so strong as gentleness
and there is nothing so gentle as strength.
-Sir Francis de Sales
The future is bought with the present.
-Samuel Johnson

Saturday night with my co-workers.
Love, Linda

1 comment:

  1. Your post spoke to me. Because I am a nurse, too. I try to explain to people that being a nurse is part of just being, it isn't a job, it's a way of life.

    I work with kids and a lot of the times with the oncology patients. My answer to people who say how can you do that is to say how can I not do it.

    I'm looking around more at your blog.

    ReplyDelete