Monday, February 22, 2016

A Needle Case

I wanted to share the needle case I just finished
First, I assembled the materials and figured out the colors I wanted.
 I decided to use some vintage hankies in pinks.
I pinned some together to see how they would look, then moved them
around until I found a design I liked.
 I made some hexagons out of some of the leftovers, and appliqu├ęd them. I made
a chain stitch around them, and lots of French knots.

I ended up cutting off part of the side, and liked it much better!
Here, it's all damp stretched, ready for the lining.

 All finished!
Here's the inside:
And . . . on to the next project!
Love, Linda